Sunday, January 8, 2012

Welcome Naramata Folk! Bienvienue!


As you can see, I have not updated this blog in a long while.. since about last year's trip to Naramata, actually!

However, I wanted to give you a brief preview of some projects I'd like to do during the Eco-Art program, July 22-28th 2011. Please keep in mind, these are still the rough sketches for the program and could be subject to change!

Day 1: Nature and People - Red v Green!

You can see the similarities of these two molecules, and I am hoping to do a mandala type project, or exploring warm - cool colours and I like this project from KB


Day 2: Small and Amazing Creatures - 3D Wire structures
I love the style f artist Louise Bourgeois and would like to create some 3D wire creatures, but on a smaller scale that this!



Day 3: we will look at Plastics in the Oceans and complete on canvas a multi-media mod-podge extravaganza, similar to this:

You can see more of this project by clicking here.

Day 4: Eaarth - altered atlases: painting on, doodling-drawing on, cutting, gluing, adding to, changing the shape of. If you "google" altered books or look on pinterest.com for "altered books" you see the amazing possibilities for this day!




Day 5: What in the World do we Love - open art day, using the techniques we've been exposed to, creating a culminating mural project for closing.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I look forward to meeting you this summer!
Megan

1 comment:

  1. You have some fantastic ideas here - I'll be watching with interest to see how they go! I love the work of Louise Bourgeois, and am planning to develop some projects based on her work in the near future (I'm sure it will be a BIG hit with my boys!). Can't wait to see what you come up with! I'd love you to visit me at Dream Painters :)

    ReplyDelete